What is a Mech Mod?
You’ve heard of a Mech Mod but what exactly is it? Well it is a mod that runs directly from the battery without all the fancy circuitry and options a regulated mod does. They come with a whole lot of knowledge and respect for Ohm’s Law and Battery safety knowledge. They aren’t to be played with without this advanced knowledge.
So, whats good about a Mech Mod?
- They are super reliable due to not having all the circuitry it’s less likely to fail or have problems.
- Because of their simplicity they are extremely durable. With the majority being a metal tube they are strong and hardy devices.
- If you are after an intense vaping experience, Mech mods are for you. By making or finding a coil set up that suits your needs you’ll be in sub-ohm vaping heaven.
- Mech mods are ideal for rebuildable atomisers, RTA, RDA’s, RDTA’s etc.
Now for the not so good.
- It can be expensive investing in a mech mod, High end mods can sell for upwards of $400-$500. But you can buy cheaper ones around the $100 and up mark.
- You will go through more juice.
- You’ll need to make sure you’ve got the correct batteries usually 21700’s but many have an adapter sleeve for them to run on 18650’s
- Battery life will be shorter with a mech mod.
- Frequent cleaning and maintenance is required to make sure it is running at it’s optimum. They do tend to get gummed up from the juice if they aren’t cleaned properly and regularly. have a look at our guide to cleaning your tank.
- And most importantly is an extreme knowledge and understanding of Battery safetly and Ohm’s Law. If not used and built correctly they pose several hazards and are not to be played around with. Do your research and study before dipping your toes into this Mech Mod world. ACCIDENTS DO HAPPEN AND CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY!